Butchered Rangers - pictures

Yum, yum... Someone needs to make a smiley for the forum of a little guy licking his chops with a cleaver or something in his hand LOL

Few more weeks for my Cornish, July 30th is circled in red for them, the day after my birthday, Happy Birthday to me! lol

Now *KNOCKS HEAVILY ON WOOD*
I have not had any of the problems so far that I have heard about the CC. My guys are almost 5 weeks old, I ordered 25 from Ideal and still have all 25. They are outside now in their run, it's been getting hotter up here but not too bad yet, I have not found any of them panting and in distress in the heat yet. I've been keeping them very watered and today I bought some vitamins and electolights to add to their water as it gets warmer. It's been well over 80 here lately.
fl.gif

I have found them a little smelly, but not horribly so and they are balding and semi-ugly but who cares?
Pehaps I'm just having beginners luck...
It looks like I only have 4-5 pullets in my bunch, there is no doubt I have a TON of Roo's!
They better hang on a few more weeks. I might slaughter 5-6 this week for cornish hen sized meat.
Hopefully they have a growth spurt soon, they've been a tad slow.

Enjoy them!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!

I can't wait to taste one. I'm really having to hold myself back and let the birds rest for a good 48 hours. The temptation to sneak one into the oven is **SO** strong though!!!

Jenna, I'm glad to hear the birds from Ideal are doing good. I'm going to give the Freedom Ranger lines a rest after this batch and order from Ideal which is local to me (a little over an hour drive). I'm going to try some Cornishxs just to see what they are like. Maybe I'll hate them and will run back to the Rangers and Grey will get a great sense of 'I told you so' satisfaction out of the whole deal!
smile.png

By the way, I have a whole bunch of family up in Rhode Island. Just has a couple different family groups down to visit my farm and boy were they amazed at how different Texas is from RI! They just couldn't get over how much open space we have here.

I can't get over the weather just now getting into the 80s! It's been mid 90s or above (plenty of 100* days) for a couple months here now.

Liz

Cool that you have relatives here!

I'm in Coventry, been here about 5 1/2 months after T.F. Greene airport (our only airport here in RI) bought our rental house for runway expansion and demolished it.
We went from having a teeny backyard and being able to see, hear, and feel every plane that came and went into RI to having almost 5 acres of peace and utter quiet out here. It's been a very nice change.
This summer so far has been very mild. I'm just waiting for it to really start kicking our butts, maybe that's why I'm having such good luck with my Cornish. Last night it was chilly enough outside that when my husband and I went for a walk in the evening we could see our breath!!! Then today it's been steaming hot, we're all pouring sweat.

You know what they say about New England weather, don't you?
If you don't like the weather just wait a minute!

Back
Top Bottom