Butt feathers missing

miles2go480

Songster
May 29, 2021
I am not sure what it is. Any ideas? Treated for mites. Washed with Epsom salt and sprayed miconazole on their butts. Even gave a tablespoon of yogurt to each while soaking their tails. Funniest thing ever. Diet change recently made and they aren't eating well but free range a couple hours daily and seem happy go lucky. After the bath egg production dropped. Just want their fluffy butts back
20211227_173839.jpg
20211227_173137.jpg
20211227_173844.jpg
20211227_174423.jpg

I am not sure what it is. Any ideas? Treated for mites. Washed with Epsom salt and sprayed miconazole on their butts. Even gave a tablespoon of yogurt to each while soaking their tails. Funniest thing ever. Diet change recently made and they aren't eating well but free range a couple hours daily and seem happy go lucky. After the bath egg production dropped. Just want their fluffy butts backView attachment 2943741View attachment 2943742View attachment 2943743View attachment 2943745
How did you treat for mites?

She is molting, BUT I also see eggs in picture two, which is concerning.

@Wyorp Rock

Diet change recently made and they aren't eating well but free range a couple hours daily and seem happy go lucky. After the bath egg production dropped. Just want their fluffy butts back

How did you treat for mites?

She is molting, BUT I also see eggs in picture two, which is concerning.

@Wyorp Rock
@cherrynberry can you point out or circle the eggs, I'm missing them?

They are in the process of growing in some feathers, looks like a little feather picking going on as well.
Could be coincidental that production dropped after giving baths(?) most hens either stop production or production is greatly reduced during molt.

What's the change in feed? A big difference in protein or calcium? Did you slowly change over the feed or was it sudden?

They are in the process of growing in some feathers, looks like a little feather picking going on as well.
Could be coincidental that production dropped after giving baths(?) most hens either stop production or production is greatly reduced during molt.

What's the change in feed? A big difference in protein or calcium? Did you slowly change over the feed or was it sudden?
It is much easier to see on a computer. Second picture is it on my computer.

Attachments

• 5CF67831-EE52-4675-9EC0-85044E18C56B.jpeg
    5CF67831-EE52-4675-9EC0-85044E18C56B.jpeg
    645.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 726E30A8-3631-4859-BCE8-C42EB2AEA2BE.jpeg
    726E30A8-3631-4859-BCE8-C42EB2AEA2BE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8

It was sudden change, my mistake. From organic Purina to organic Dumor. Nutrition seemed about the same but a week went by with less than 5 pounds food consumed, then everyone was losing feathers

Elector PSP is supposed to be very effective, so I think you are good.

How old are the girls? Could be coincidental about the feed as well. Possible they don't like the taste of the feed. How many birds? How old?

In the photos, they are in molt. There's a little butt picking going on, likely pulling out pin feathers and eating them.
Try offering some extra protein a few times a week - at treat of egg, fish, meat.

Back
Top Bottom