BYC Member Interview - SnapdragonQ

I still like the idea of the talking machine. Although, in my case, it might begin using four letter words. 😉

"Janie what the H*** are you doing?!"
"No, don't do THAT, you'll ruin the D*** thing!"
"C***, Will you NEVER figure out how to do that?"

;)
Have you seen some of the newest advanced machines?? They cost as much as a new car or a small house! (Yes, I was afraid to touch them at the store)
Indeed they can talk. Better yet they can curse at you like above in 12 different languages!!

Thankfully machines didn't talk until recently. When I was younger I could seize up a machine like nobody's business! Wasn't kidding when I said I failed that part of Home Ec class. I know teachers aren't allowed to curse a student to their face, but I can guarantee you my teacher let loose in the teacher's lounge!

My mom had a fancy (fancy for the day) machine but I was not allowed near it. She didn't sew and it was just for show, but with my track record I could not even breathe on it!
I was terrified to sew until my little one came along. That's when I happened upon a $45 clearance machine at my local Walmart. It was complete junk, but if I messed it up at least I wasn't out too much of an investment.
This is when I perfected the ability to curse at the machine! 😏

Last edited:
Hmmm. My friend, best man at my wedding, me at his, took up sewing machine repair when he retired from software engineering in 2013. He works on anything from WAY old (we had a child's Singer from the 30's that was, I think, DW's father's) and merely old (DW's from the early 70's) to the new electronic ones. I wonder if he's run into any that talk yet.

Hmmm. My friend, best man at my wedding, me at his, took up sewing machine repair when he retired from software engineering in 2013. He works on anything from WAY old (we had a child's Singer from the 30's that was, I think, DW's father's) and merely old (DW's from the early 70's) to the new electronic ones. I wonder if he's run into any that talk yet.
It would be interesting to know if he had.

Some of the models I know of are nearly full on regular computers. They can connect to your phone, already have help videos pre-loaded (no internet required) and can scan drawings and auto digitize. Of course this is in addition to about 800 different stitch choices and about every bell and whistle you could think of. A lot of mid-level machines will sing a little tune once you turn them on and they are booting up.
Depending on your choice of settings they can yell at you when something is wrong too.
...ask me how annoying that is when the thread break sensor goes berserk even though the thread is perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom