BYC Member Interview - Speckledhen **UPDATE 01-01-21 page 8**

It pretty cool to hear about you more than just me listening to your knowledge about the birds. Sometimes I find myself board on BYC
caf.gif
. And I'm browsing threads once I see your post I know it'll be a good thread! Thanks!
big_smile.png

Well, aren't you sweet?! Thank you so much.
smile.png

I've been here since 2/09 when I first started with 25 chicks. Two of which got tired I'll say. Cyn was one of the first if not the first to respond to my plea for help. They survived and I didn't lose one chick. Because of her kindness I stayed.
lol.png

I think she knows more of the medical side of chicken keeping than most. Something not many invest themselves in. At least not til we have problems. If there is one thing I appreciate about you Cyn it's that.

Best Wishes,

Rancher

Thanks a bunch, Tim. I guess I just hate mysteries and I hate feeling helpless, so we took a deep breath and did the first necropsy on our first dead hen. From there, we learned more every time we did it. Sometimes, we thought we'd find one thing in there but found something different. Just when you think you've seen everything with chicken keeping, something weird or unexpected pops up. I've just had my share of weirdness and knowledgeable people who were willing to consult with me when I was stumped (thanks to two of those, Dr. Peter Brown & William Bennett (Pine Grove on BYC). To pay it forward, I like to share so someone else may benefit from it.

Last edited:
Not sure there is much risky about what I've shared here. And when you have an internet business, a certain amount gets out there as it is. How do you know that's really me? Maybe I'm an 18 year old guy and I just posted a picture of my Aunt Jane and/or other assorted folks who are no relation to me whatsoever.
wink.png

Not sure there is much risky about what I've shared here. And when you have an internet business, a certain amount gets out there as it is. How do you know that's really me? Maybe I'm an 18 year old guy and I just posted a picture of my Aunt Jane and/or other assorted folks who are no relation to me whatsoever.
wink.png
Well young lady, tell Aunt Jane and other assorted folks thank you. Between all of you, it was a great interview.

When I first read Cynthia's posts (2007) I was just in awe of her as a person who had such sensitivity and love for her chickens,, but could turn around and do necropsies for the sake of her flock health. She always had interesting stories about her chickens and those chickens would become so well known by everyone. I remember having a lump in my throat sometimes when reading about one of her chickens was having a hard time. It's funny how you end up getting attached to someone else's chickens. Thanks, Cynthia!

Back
Top Bottom