Calcium gluconate dose and how often?

Kboullie

In the Brooder
Feb 9, 2020
My hen is egg bound . If done multiple Epson salts baths and massaged her belly. She won't eat Tums or yogurt. I attempted to give her an oral dose of calcium gluconate but not sure how much went in. I can give it as injection but don't want to overdose her. And where do I give injection and how often.

My hen is egg bound . If done multiple Epson salts baths and massaged her belly. She won't eat Tums or yogurt. I attempted to give her an oral dose of calcium gluconate but not sure how much went in. I can give it as injection but don't want to overdose her. And where do I give injection and how often.
Can you just pop a calcium tablet into her beak? You pull down the wattles and put it in and she will swallow it. I use calcium citrate with vit D, 600 mg tablets once daily.

Can you just pop a calcium tablet into her beak? You pull down the wattles and put it in and she will swallow it. I use calcium citrate with vit D, 600 mg tablets once daily.
Thank you I will try that. I wasn't sure how to open her beak without hurting her.

Back
Top Bottom