Calico Princess

HenHouse Henry

Songster
Dec 2, 2020
Everett Washington
Last March 5th, I bought three chicks to add to the flock I started last year. One of them is a Calico Princess. On the 4th of July, she laid her first egg, it's a light cream color. She was 3 days shy of 18 weeks. Sandy is a big girl. already the size of our Australorp. Very friendly. This is the first I have heard of a Calico Princess, and I am very glad I chose her. Just a few pics on the web. This photo was shot a few weeks ago. She has some black feathers on her tail now.

Attachments

• Sandy.JPG
    Sandy.JPG
    377.5 KB · Views: 79
That's wonderful! Congrats on her first egg. I've had various chickens for about 5 yrs, and that is about the youngest I've heard of, or had, laying first eggs. I'm jealous!
It was a surprise to me too! She was checking out the nest boxes last week, although she laid it on the floor. My soonest egg was always after the 20-week mark.

I have 2 Calico Princesses and one just laid her first egg yesterday at 17 1/2 weeks! I ordered an assortment of brown egg layers from Hoover. I have 2 black sex links, 2 ISAs, 2 RIs, and 2 Wyandottes. The Calicos are by far our favorite! They have the best temperament (almost as friendly as my Labrador Retriever) and my kids LOVE them.

I have 2 Calico Princesses and one just laid her first egg yesterday at 17 1/2 weeks! I ordered an assortment of brown egg layers from Hoover. I have 2 black sex links, 2 ISAs, 2 RIs, and 2 Wyandottes. The Calicos are by far our favorite! They have the best temperament (almost as friendly as my Labrador Retriever) and my kids LOVE them.
My Calico laid her first egg a couple of days before 18 weeks, did not lay for about 10 days then started to lay regularly. As of today 8/1, she has laid every day since 7/22. They are darker than the Black Australorp

Back
Top Bottom