Call/runner cross

dishfickle

Songster
11 Years
Jan 26, 2012
Hi all! I picked up two male calls. I thought it would be ok to keep them with my runners as they couldn't possible breed with my girls. Well, I have to tell you, with some teamwork, they have been successful, least I think so. I have two girls sitting on a nest, and Barney sitting next to them. So cute. What on earth will they look like? Maybe it didn't take, I'll let you know.

Hi all! I picked up two male calls. I thought it would be ok to keep them with my runners as they couldn't possible breed with my girls. Well, I have to tell you, with some teamwork, they have been successful, least I think so. I have two girls sitting on a nest, and Barney sitting next to them. So cute. What on earth will they look like? Maybe it didn't take, I'll let you know.
Have you candled the eggs to see if they're developing?
Here's an old thread that has a few photos

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/call-duck-runner-duck-mix-quackers-pics.499808/page-2

Yes. There were a ton of old ones that I tossed. I wish I'd started with a float test to weed them out. Sigh. So, I candled one, and it was coming along. I was happy to see they didn't freak out and abandon it. I also have male runners, so.....

Back
Top Bottom