CALLING ALL COOKS!

Robin'sBrood

Crowing
12 Years
May 8, 2008
North Carolina
Help, I need a simple but good recipe for a 3.42 lb top round roast. DH bought it because it was on sale and, being a cheaper cut of meat, I don't want it come out like shoe leather!
sickbyc.gif

Here's my favorite roast recipe.

BBQ Beef

4 pound beef roast

Mix together:

2 Tbsp liquid smoke
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. onion salt
2 tsp. celery seed
1 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp. worchestershire sauce

Pour over roast in crock pot. Cook on low for 8 hours or until tender. Pull apart meat with a fork and allow to soak up the juices.

If you cook it as a roast I usually:
coat with flour an seasonings
brown both sides in a skillet with bacon grease....
put in a crock pot...add veggies and and 2 cans of cream of mushroom, 1 can water, and cook till I like it...usually start it that morning, and done by 3:00

I b-b-q leftovers and we have b-b-q sandwiches the next day for lunch.

If you don't have the liquid smoke leave it out, it just gives it a "smokey" flavor, some people don't like that. Katy's got great recipes, I've copied that one as well but haven't made it yet.

Parson's Wife :

If you cook it as a roast I usually:
coat with flour an seasonings
brown both sides in a skillet with bacon grease....
put in a crock pot...add veggies and and 2 cans of cream of mushroom, 1 can water, and cook till I like it...usually start it that morning, and done by 3:00

I b-b-q leftovers and we have b-b-q sandwiches the next day for lunch.

Mmmmm, my tummy's rumbling at the sound of this too!​

My top round is in the crock pot now and it smells out of this world delicious! I put a layer of sliced onions on the bottom and laid the roast on top. Took a can of cream of mushroom and mixed that with 3 cans of water, salt, pepper & Worchestershire sauce then poured that on top. It has been slow cooking all night. Should be about to fall apart by now. We'll have it with rice and green beans. YUMMY!

Gotta go start cleaning now, company is coming.........
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom