Can anyone help me fix my toilet?

The rubber seals can break down especially if you put the bleach thing in the tank...do you have a lot of black soot in the bottom of the tank?

If you have hard water, it can form deposits that make seals leaky too. Mine was doing the same thing as yours so I took it out, cleaned it with baking soda and vinegar and it helped.

The water that leaks out, though, can really add up fast if you pay for water, so in the long run it is cheaper to just buy a new valve. Thay are not expensive and you can get them at hardware stores or even walmart.

Good luck!

Could it be that the float inside the tank has gotten a little 'off' and (maybe) the toilet shifts just enough when you sit that the water starts going into the overflow???

This person is exactly right on what is going on. The water level probably moves a little and goes down the overflow. By the way i have been a plumber for 16 yrs now. And this is a common thing. There should be a float that adjusts the water level in the tank just turn either a dial or bend the float rod down a little bit so that it doesnt fill the tank as much. this should help.

Back
Top Bottom