Can anyone tell me what could be wrong with my hen

Noligem

Hatching
Mar 19, 2021
Hello,
A couple of days ago I noticed my hen was slower to exit the coop. Yesterday she didn’t want to come out. I brought her inside and washed her up a bit because she had poop on her and started giving her some water with probiotics and electrolytes and also some egg with nutridrench. She’s been pooping this white/chunky poop which I know is not normal. I’m attaching a photo. She was pretty lethargic yesterday but is more active today and seems to be drinking a bit more as well as eating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• AAEB4F4D-0075-4565-8455-B3CECA832F2A.jpeg
    AAEB4F4D-0075-4565-8455-B3CECA832F2A.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 16
Looks like egg bound or small/soft one may have broken inside. Google how to check & discharge her cloaca.

Most likely culprits are respiratory, impacted crop, bound egg. Definitely keep a close eye and perhaps quarantine her. Helpful: VetRx, probiotics scrambled eggs & wet pellets, fresh yolky water, soft crop & booty massages.

Sadly…

All great suggestions. Google Respiratory, impacted crop, bound egg one or more may be issues.

Where are you? Sadly…

Sadly…https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2022/02/avian-flu-scan-feb-28-2022

If any of the Avian Flu symptoms develop, it is EXTREMELY important for the sake of the rest of your flock and community to check with your vet and county disease center to see where to test her poop. And if she’s unfortunately passed to send her too. :(

Hope she pulls through. 🙏🏼

Back
Top Bottom