Can Ducklings Eat Chick Starter?

Prince and Pavo

Songster
Apr 4, 2023
Hello! I was wondering if ducklings can eat chick starter feed? What I’ve read has said they can, but they need a niacin supplement to go with it? Also, how long would they be able to have it before they need something else?

Hello! I was wondering if ducklings can eat chick starter feed? What I’ve read has said they can, but they need a niacin supplement to go with it? Also, how long would they be able to have it before they need something else?
As long as it is non-medicated and I believe you would need to supplement with more niacin such as brewer’s yeast or nutritional yeast. Another option which may be better would be Purina Flockraiser which has a good amount of niacin in it. Depending on how old your ducklings are there are crumbles which are better for hatchlings and young ones and then there are pellets.

I use chicken feed as I can’t get duck feed
Starter non medicated
I add 1 tbs nutritional yeast to 1 cup feed do this till 12 weeks then after that I add it a few times a week sprinkling it on yhf feed
At 2 weeks I start switching to grower feed. Every 3 days I switch
3/4 -1/4 1/2-1/2 1/4 -3/4 then full just over a week to switch fully ti grower
I stay on grower after that cause I have drakes in my flock and don’t want them on layer feed

Back
Top Bottom