Can I hatch ducks???

Birdsarelife

Chirping
Mar 11, 2024
Colorado
I want to hatch ducks this spring, but as some of y’all might know, my HOA doesn’t allow ducks. So I was wondering if it was allowed to just hatch ducks, and maybe sell them. I don’t know if this is possible, but I took care of a quail chick a couple months ago, and that was okay. So am I allowed to hatch and take care of ducklings??? I will only hatch about 5-7 ducklings, and I will wait til they’re old enough to sell. Does this sound okay?🤔

I want to hatch ducks this spring, but as some of y’all might know, my HOA doesn’t allow ducks. So I was wondering if it was allowed to just hatch ducks, and maybe sell them. I don’t know if this is possible, but I took care of a quail chick a couple months ago, and that was okay. So am I allowed to hatch and take care of ducklings??? I will only hatch about 5-7 ducklings, and I will wait til they’re old enough to sell. Does this sound okay?🤔
Hi and :welcome! I don't really think it's a good idea. It would be risky because you might not find any buyers. Also, they're old enough to sell within a couple day after hatching - and in fact, that is when most people want them because that is when they're the cutest!

In other words, I won’t be doing this.🥲
Hopefully you will be able to make some changes in your HOA rules. Best option I heard for you on another thread was to move from your HOA. Most times those that made the rules for your HOA are the majority and will be very hard to change the mindsets of the majority but not impossible. GOOD LUCK :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom