Can i have some help with sex of this 8 week old Barnevelder?

All chickens, regardless of gender have spur buds. The comb and pointed neck and saddle feathers and probably already crowing (if it is a cockerel) before the spurs will develop a point. The amount of comb development and the comb being pale. Along with the feather pattern. I think you have a pullet. It is better to take pictures of them just standing. Which most can attest, is very difficult at times. So we can get an over all better look at them. I hope you enjoy your Barnevelder. They are great chickens.
Really? I didn't know they all had spur buds, how interesting! This is my first barnevelder, they are such beauties of a breed aren't they! We took pics today while my son held her because she's so darn quick, I barely get a decent shot in! We noticed those buds so I thought I'd photograph them and post to see what opinions were. So glad this one's a girl so I can keep her! Thanks for the helpful info!

Really? I didn't know they all had spur buds, how interesting! This is my first barnevelder, they are such beauties of a breed aren't they! We took pics today while my son held her because she's so darn quick, I barely get a decent shot in! We noticed those buds so I thought I'd photograph them and post to see what opinions were. So glad this one's a girl so I can keep her! Thanks for the helpful info!
I have been raising Barnevelders for a little more than five years now. They are attractive with the contrasting black and mahogany color pattern. I really enjoy watching the green, blue and purple iridescence colors. Dancing amongst their feathers when the sun hits them.

I have been raising Barnevelders for a little more than five years now. They are attractive with the contrasting black and mahogany color pattern. I really enjoy watching the green, blue and purple iridescence colors. Dancing amongst their feathers when the sun hits them.
I can't wait to see the same from ours! Our 2 Anconas have that beautiful iridescence that shimmer in the sunlight. Man I love chickens! They make me feel really relaxed watching them free range the yard. They're just the best!

I can't wait to see the same from ours! Our 2 Anconas have that beautiful iridescence that shimmer in the sunlight. Man I love chickens! They make me feel really relaxed watching them free range the yard. They're just the best!
I don’t know what it is about them that gives us that feeling. I do enjoy my time out in the yard just watching them being chickens. Here are a few of mine.

Attachments

• FD93032E-6124-42CE-A6CD-4409D4E29692.jpeg
    FD93032E-6124-42CE-A6CD-4409D4E29692.jpeg
    456.3 KB · Views: 14

Back
Top Bottom