Can i put my babies in the coop yet?

May 17, 2023
Hello! New here and to keeping chickens! I'm loving these little girls, and maybe couple of fellas. They have grown up so fast. They are now 5 weeks and are really starting to act like my brothers adult chickens. I bring them to their future coop during the day to play and let them explore the backyard in the afternoon with my super vision. I can tell they love it out there it's becoming harder the put them back in the brooder for the night. My question is do you believe I can leave them in the coop full time yet with this kind of feathering. It gets in the 50s at night here. It is summer and I live in idaho. Here's a picture of them. Thank you!

Attachments

• 20230522_092204.jpg
    20230522_092204.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 25
I started brooding my babies in the dining room. Then they moved down to the basement. Today is their first full day out with the big chickens, but they will still come into the basement to sleep until I get the coop spring cleaned and tweak a couple things, hopefully by the end of the week they will be out full-time. Mine will be 5 weeks on Wednesday or Thursday. Yours should be ready, too!

I think adjusting to having them downstairs first has helped me, and now I'm happy to see them out, because then I can watch them from my kitchen window and see them enjoying the sunshine. 😊

Back
Top Bottom