Can I use a tent outside until I get my coop finished

Kidwantschickens

Songster
Mar 22, 2022
Montana
So, my chicks are outgrowing their space, and they're stinking up the garage... I have an older tent that is missing the poles and I keep thinking I'll order poles but let's be real.... What if I staked out the edges and used the corner of my chain link fence to hold up the tent, sort of rig it to at least hold up.

Is that too much air? Will the flapping cause them too much stress? Will it be warm enough. They're 5 weeks on Monday. And there are 18 so they can huddle. But it does still get cold ish at night. I could bring them in on colder nights. Could probably just put them out during day even. I just feel like they need more space.

Ideas?

So, my chicks are outgrowing their space, and they're stinking up the garage... I have an older tent that is missing the poles and I keep thinking I'll order poles but let's be real.... What if I staked out the edges and used the corner of my chain link fence to hold up the tent, sort of rig it to at least hold up.

Is that too much air? Will the flapping cause them too much stress? Will it be warm enough. They're 5 weeks on Monday. And there are 18 so they can huddle. But it does still get cold ish at night. I could bring them in on colder nights. Could probably just put them out during day even. I just feel like they need more space.

Ideas?
Unless you are going to be out there 100% of the time with them, that sounds like an invitation for every predator, dog and cat in the area to come and eat.

Can you make a hoop coop? Or a simple chicken tractor? https://cs-tf.com/chicken-tractor-plans/
Not really. I'm hoping to have the coop done or mostly done this weekend. I just want them out! Lol. I'm not sure that I will have time to get the roof up this weekend but I might be able to put chicken wire over it and then a tarp. So long as they are safe and warm enough. I guess next weekend at the latest. I really want to go walleye fishing though and don't want to miss my window. Dang it. Lol.

Then I will be focusing on the run but that should be fairly easy.

Back
Top Bottom