Can I use the eggs stored pointy side down for 2 days for hatching?

JuliaSunshine

Songster
Apr 3, 2022
West coast Canada
This morning i noticed one chickens became broody.
I have a few eggs that have been stored pointy side down since 2 days ago.
Is it okay to use these for hatching? I read that you're supposed to turn eggs twice a day to store them before hatching. I didn't do this, so I'm worried about using them.

Yes they will be fine to use. You should store them pointy side down so that’s good. To “turn” them I usually just spin them round in the egg carton or prop one side up then the next day prop the other side up. After only 2 days though yours will be fine. Good luck with them!

Yes they will be fine to use. You should store them pointy side down so that’s good. To “turn” them I usually just spin them round in the egg carton or prop one side up then the next day prop the other side up. After only 2 days though yours will be fine. Good luck with them!
Thank you for answering to me. I set 8 eggs in the nest from the last 2 days when she got out but she hasn't gone back yet.
I broke her broodiness twice last year in the fall and this is the second time this year she became broody.
The first time she stopped sitting after I moved her.
This time I moved her again to a better hatching nest and she was sitting for a couple of hours this morning.
Hope she continues to follow her motherly instinct!

Back
Top Bottom