can silkies and marans live together peacefully?

Apr 13, 2020
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Hi!

i'm getting some eggs to hatch soon and i have some silkies, marans, and polish eggs coming...... i'm planning on giving the polish away when they're past brooder age, but i'm keeping the silkies and marans. i also have some super sweet little EE's (not aggressive at all, very docile, barely even any pecking order issues with bullying).. I'm wondering if I can keep the silkies, marans, and EE's together peacefully? I know there's no concrete answer, as it depends on the individual personalities too, but I'd just like some opinions on this especially if anyone has experience with these breeds.

Thanks!!!!

Hi!

i'm getting some eggs to hatch soon and i have some silkies, marans, and polish eggs coming...... i'm planning on giving the polish away when they're past brooder age, but i'm keeping the silkies and marans. i also have some super sweet little EE's (not aggressive at all, very docile, barely even any pecking order issues with bullying).. I'm wondering if I can keep the silkies, marans, and EE's together peacefully? I know there's no concrete answer, as it depends on the individual personalities too, but I'd just like some opinions on this especially if anyone has experience with these breeds.

Thanks!!!!
I raised silkies and Marans together. No problems at all. Ended up selling all the Marans except for one. We have other standards as well, but she prefers the company of her silkie "sisters". One of my silkies is the lead hen of all of them! 😊

Back
Top Bottom