Canker or pox?

millietime

Songster
Jan 4, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
My Coop
My Coop
Hello all! My Silkie seemed a little out of sorts today so I isolated her to inspect her. I found this in her mouth. Does this look like canker or pox? She is eating/drinking but a bit listless. It’s not smelly. Her poop is bright colored and runny. She has a sneeze that developed today also. Thank you in advance!
9B57294A-FDCF-4E02-863B-44D2FA52FF95.jpeg

Does any of the material in the roof of her beak come off with a QTip? Have you seen any dry pox in your flock recently? Wet fowl pox and canker can cause yellow plaques, and canker is said to smell very rotten. How often is she sneezing? Sometimes sneezing occurs from dust or feed getting into the nostrils especially when eating. Can you see any bubbles or foam, or nasal drainage in her eyes?

Does any of the material in the roof of her beak come off with a QTip? Have you seen any dry pox in your flock recently? Wet fowl pox and canker can cause yellow plaques, and canker is said to smell very rotten. How often is she sneezing? Sometimes sneezing occurs from dust or feed getting into the nostrils especially when eating. Can you see any bubbles or foam, or nasal drainage in her eyes?

Hi! It seems to partly wipe off, the dark spot and some of the white. No bubbly eyes or apparent nasal discharge. Sneezing is maybe every few minutes (even after bringing her inside). I just checked again for any signs of dry pox, one of my hens has some tiny scabs if you think this looks like the start of something. No one else is showing any signs
25D68B3D-B303-4A6C-BDE2-A966F9753055.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom