Can't Write/Send PMs, Can't Make Paragraph Breaks, Can't Find "Smilie" Function

GardenerGal

Crowing
15 Years
Dec 20, 2008
Massachusetts
When I try to write/send a private message, even though I type the message into the window, when I try to send the message a notice pops up saying to "type a message" as though there were nothing there. It thinks the message window is empty and won't send.

When I write a post on a thread, I can't send it without first hitting "Preview," I can't separate paragraphs, and no "smilie" list is available.

Is this an issue with cookies in my 'puter, or is something running differently on BYC recently?

No, this is just where it belongs.

Are you still having problems? First thing to try is clearing your cache, or even just rebooting.

If you are still having problems, reply with:

1. When the problem started
  2. When you deleted your internet cache
  3. What browser / version you are using

Thank you.

This started happening about a week ago, but I never actively (consciously) deleted my cookies/cache. I use Internet Explorer, but to be honest I can't remember whether Version 8 or new version 9 (I'm having a brain blankout!). Whichever IE version, it has been my browser for quite a while, and the problem only started showing itself for a week.

Ok, then have you tried it with fire fox or better yet google chrome?? as you use IE i assume your OS is windows 7? Or are you running IE in WINE(probably not)

I have IE 9. My operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium.
Will look into Firefox. I would like to find out why I'm having a problem on BYC with my current browser, though. I participate in several Internet forum sites, and this is the only one where I have a problem... and it's only been over the past week.

Last edited:
Well, my computer downloaded updates last night, and when I did a reboot, it automatically cleared the cache and the BYC posting issues seemed to have "fixed" themselves! So, that's one less piece of technical trouble I have to deal with.

Thanks for everyone's help!
smile.png
(so nice to have the smilies again!)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom