Central PA need coop design

Kob659

In the Brooder
Oct 27, 2020
Brand new here. I am hoping to build a coop and have it ready for next spring. We are starting small 3 laying hens, but hope to expand to 20 additional meat chickens.
Im pretty handy and am looking for coop plans! Thanks

Welcome to the forum, glad you joined.

Look under the "Articles" tab at the top of this page. There are all kinds of coop plans under that.

What "meat birds" are you talking about? If it is Cornish X or even Rangers I'd suggest a separate facility. The feeding requirements can be different and you can have a huge poop management issue. I suggest you go to the "meat bird" section of this forum and start a thread there. Include things like your general location and time of year you would be doing this so we understand your weather. Will this be a one time thing or a recurring event? The type of meat birds. Do you have any thoughts on how you would manage them, try to pasture them or keep them penned? There are a lot of different ways you can approach this. The meat bird forum has people with a lot of great experience and people just going through this so they can understand what is ahead of you.

I go the dual purpose route and house them all together which means a larger facility. Again, there are a lot of different ways you could approach this. The more you can tell us about your plans and what you have to work with the more we may be able to help.

Back
Top Bottom