Chic out but still umbilical cord attached to egg but no yoke sac it's been asorbed

How are you measuring humidity and temperature?

And what inhibition does your husband have to setting up a real incubator? Surely it can't be that he doesn't want you to hatch chicks, because you are already attempting to do that.

Is it the cost?
Because I told him since mom hen hatched five she left these eggs and they were peeping like this one and started to care for others the other hens would not sit on these he is out of half egg really moving alot but can see umbicalical cord I Thk still attached to lining left he's I don't want to lose him or the others and yes the money cost to buy incubator when we will never use it again after this batch of babies so wants me to try other ways what do you suggest

Because I told him since mom hen hatched five she left these eggs and they were peeping like this one and started to care for others the other hens would not sit on these he is out of half egg really moving alot but can see umbicalical cord I Thk still attached to lining left he's I don't want to lose him or the others and yes the money cost to buy incubator when we will never use it again after this batch of babies so wants me to try other ways what do you suggest
He's really moving alot his down Is all most dry holding in my hand occasionally to reassure him he not alone

It sounds like he is dried out. It's honestly a miracle you were able to get him to hatch in a dangerous set up like this. It would be much less cruel to just cull the egg before it becomes a chick rather than risk cooking him like this. I don't want to sound harsh, I really don't. But it's important to not take on a new life like this unless you are prepared to do it in a way that is safe for the animal.

It sounds like he is dried out. It's honestly a miracle you were able to get him to hatch in a dangerous set up like this. It would be much less cruel to just cull the egg before it becomes a chick rather than risk cooking him like this. I don't want to sound harsh, I really don't. But it's important to not take on a new life like this unless you are prepared to do it in a way that is safe for the animal.
Ok So they were chriping the hen left so Is it wrong to try to save live babies I will try to figure this out on my own I guess if yal can't tell me what to do next thks anyway

Can you get some more photos? I can't see what's happening here, I'm sorry.
Is the egg sac absorbed and the navel closed?
Yes it is a friend has a brooder so can put him in there tomorrow should I put the other eggs in there or keep them like this if it seems to be working

Attachments

• 16101659625691983850006.jpg
    16101659625691983850006.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 1610166140737-1395205849.jpg
    1610166140737-1395205849.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 16101661946611135740391.jpg
    16101661946611135740391.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 1610166282409-997610412.jpg
    1610166282409-997610412.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 10
Yes it is a friend has a brooder so can put him in there tomorrow should I put the other eggs in there or keep them like this if it seems to be working
Can this chick stand up at all? Is she moving about?
I would worry about her overheating now that she looks dry - what is the temperature you are keeping her?
As for the other eggs - I think I would keep them as you have been and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom