Chick’s comb dangling off her face and her beak is chipped.

I ended up making scrambled eggs for her and she ate a lot of it. She is with 2 other 13 week old chicks, both 100% pullets, although one does peck at her feet feathers and makes those bleed. That chick is the same breed as her though. The other chick is a Easter Egger that’s the sweetest soul.
Hello, I'd be very careful with the one that pecking her and causing that much harm to her. If it continues the chick can get depressed and die. If it continues then just seperate the one thats doing the damage for 3-4 days ALONE and then introduce the chicken she's bullying. At that point she'd be desperate for company and they'll be less likely to fight. If that dosen't work then I'd consider just rehoming or culling the bully. Be careful :)

Hello, I'd be very careful with the one that pecking her and causing that much harm to her. If it continues the chick can get depressed and die. If it continues then just seperate the one thats doing the damage for 3-4 days ALONE and then introduce the chicken she's bullying. At that point she'd be desperate for company and they'll be less likely to fight. If that dosen't work then I'd consider just rehoming or culling the bully. Be careful :)
I’ve been wanting to get rid of the bully for the past few weeks. At one point she was being nasty to my Easter Egger and was plucking and tearing her saddle feathers. The bully has been pecking at the other two chicks since they were 6 weeks old. The bully has gotten a bit better but I think it will get worse when I have to integrate them with the big girls.

Update! She is doing beautifully, I took away the bully from the flock for 4 days so far. I plan to keep her away for around 2 weeks as I just let her see the other chicks. When I let her see the other chicks, they freaked out and started screaming and flapping in (what I think is) terror.
0E488478-58DA-4E98-BF2E-453DBB9348D5.jpeg
59F1F6F8-6299-41EE-838A-1CDF2B56E66E.jpeg

Update! She is doing beautifully, I took away the bully from the flock for 4 days so far. I plan to keep her away for around 2 weeks as I just let her see the other chicks. When I let her see the other chicks, they freaked out and started screaming and flapping in (what I think is) terror. View attachment 3594538View attachment 3594539
Yay! I’m soo glad she’s doing better!!

Back
Top Bottom