Chick attacked while hatching!

Well, it looks like there was no permanent damage to her! Buuuuuuuut, she now thinks I’m her mama since she was alone in the incubator for two days. (One other egg hatched this morning). She will only stop crying when I’m holding her and she climbs into my hand on her own. She also eats out of my hand already. It’s pretty sweet. My husband has the guest bathroom set up with the incubator and her brand new cage lol. I guess he was serious when he said she was going to be like my new puppy lol

Attachments

• IMG_9140.jpeg
    IMG_9140.jpeg
    332.7 KB · Views: 2
Well, it looks like there was no permanent damage to her! Buuuuuuuut, she now thinks I’m her mama since she was alone in the incubator for two days. (One other egg hatched this morning). She will only stop crying when I’m holding her and she climbs into my hand on her own. She also eats out of my hand already. It’s pretty sweet. My husband has the guest bathroom set up with the incubator and her brand new cage lol. I guess he was serious when he said she was going to be like my new puppy lol
awwwww!!!!! That one IS going to be special!

Rocky is doing well, but I have a new problem. Two other chicks hatched later than her and now that they are all in the brooder she won’t stop packing at them. I do t think she’s curious, she’s bullying them. Heat is fine, they have clean bedding, food and water. I have a little teddy bear and an old food container for them to climb in but she’s still being a bully. Anyone have any other ideas? Should I let them play it out or separate them?

Attachments

• 7F0F0F88-025B-4C79-BF95-9A067E7FD215.jpeg
    7F0F0F88-025B-4C79-BF95-9A067E7FD215.jpeg
    457.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom