Chick pecks

Apr 16, 2023
I have a 2 month old white leghorn too and she keeps using her body force ( she jumps and lunges) as she pecks on another chick I haven’t figured out what she is yet, onto the back of her neck making that chick yelp loudly! I feel like the white leghorn is really trying to hurt her! I tell the white leghorn to stop loudly and to be nice… lol not sure if she will listen but at least she knows she’s been caught. Is that what they do when they do a pecking order or do I need to separate her before she hurts or kills one of them? I have 10 , 2 month old chicks of different breeds. Only 1 white leghorn.

Sounds like normal chick sparring. No need to separate unless the chick starts drawing blood. How much space do they have ? They may be overcrowded.

Sounds like normal chick sparring. No need to separate unless the chick starts drawing blood. How much space do they have ? They may be overcrowded.
I have 102” for 10 chicks right now but my husband is building them a very large run that will be 11’ long and 10’ wide

Back
Top Bottom