Chick poop

BrahmasMama02

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Warning : POOP PICS ‼️
I’m starting a new thread because I’m genuinely curious how chick poop can indicate health.

Some of yall know that I had something mysterious wipe out 12 of my chicks, but have not had a death in maybe 5 days related to that mysterious thing. (I did have a death a few days ago related to something completely different )

I’m also going to share a couple pics of a couple funny looking droppings I’ve discovered in my brooder.

What have yall learned about chick droppings while raising chicks ?

Attachments

• B3638A94-5AEE-4F83-B5D9-D819D65AF7BB.jpeg
    B3638A94-5AEE-4F83-B5D9-D819D65AF7BB.jpeg
    573.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 68833EF8-F7C4-49C8-9355-0F939B15BACB.jpeg
    68833EF8-F7C4-49C8-9355-0F939B15BACB.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 8
Warning : POOP PICS ‼️
I’m starting a new thread because I’m genuinely curious how chick poop can indicate health.

Some of yall know that I had something mysterious wipe out 12 of my chicks, but have not had a death in maybe 5 days related to that mysterious thing. (I did have a death a few days ago related to something completely different )

I’m also going to share a couple pics of a couple funny looking droppings I’ve discovered in my brooder.

What have yall learned about chick droppings while raising chicks ?
Like every 10 - 12th poop they do a cecal poop. It stinks 20x worse than the rest of them and usually looks quite different.

This is a great article describing those!

Awe, no, but thank you. Just used to those poops as I've almost always got chicks in the livingroom brooder. Always love to help if I know what you're talking about, and that I do lol. ❤️
:) yeah I should have posted the poops of the chicks that I lost too tho! Because those poops were actually strange now that I think about it. They were a super frothy yellow poop. Chicks are so weird (but I’m not seeing any more of that ) just the cecals haha or maybe those were cecals too hahah I dunno 😂

:) yeah I should have posted the poops of the chicks that I lost too tho! Because those poops were actually strange now that I think about it. They were a super frothy yellow poop. Chicks are so weird (but I’m not seeing any more of that ) just the cecals haha or maybe those were cecals too hahah I dunno 😂
For future reference, there's a site with various types of poop and what they may indicate. Pretty interesting reading. 😳 :highfive:

https://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0

Back
Top Bottom