Kr8zk76

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2024
So last Monday my baby seramas hatched. All but 3 out of 15. Tuesday 2 pipped and waited 12+ hours with no progress. I intervened with both. One did good coming out but other not so good. I only helped enough for them to do the rest. So after a few more hours, I helped a little more. Leaving back end for it to push out. Waited. Then had to help again. This time she was able to push but he butt started bleeding so I added corn starch and it stopped. That's when I noticed her left leg thrown back. It can been, move, she moves it but keeps wanting to leave it behind her. I also noticed a hump towards upper back and inspected to see there were toes. She has a 3rd leg. That wasn't my concerned, although shocked. I used bandaid to pull legs together at normal space but left leg looks to be shorter when trying to stand flat, or she's just not letting it go flat. I also added paper towel to wrap around her to keep her upright. She can't walk, but scoots on her belly. Yesterday she used her good leg to hobble trying to throw left leg back but can't for the bandaid. Today I added a small cut popsicle stick as a thicker soul for that foot to try to get weight on it and to give her the length. She'll be a week old tomorrow. (A habit I call them "she" until otherwise) lol. But does anyone know of anything else I can do? She's got a lot of spunk in her.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1713198606454.jpg
    FB_IMG_1713198606454.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20240415_124152.jpg
    20240415_124152.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 19
Here is an excellent article that should help you. I think you're doing great!

Be sure to give it vitamin water like Poultry Cell, or if you have a B-complex vitamin, give 1/4 of one to it, daily for a week or two.
I meant to mention I've been giving electrolytes. I did have to feed her yolk in the beginning but now she's eating like a pro.

Back
Top Bottom