Chicken is Panting, Squeaky Croaking and Milky Diarrhea

tangodiva

In the Brooder
May 17, 2023
Please help! My chicken fluttered to the ground and I ran to pick her up. She was on her side and barely breathing. I took her inside, gave her some colloidal silver and vitamins. She is doing better, but is raspy panting. She squeaky croaks and then poops. She has diarrhea, which is milky white with varying bits of food. No visible worms in her poop. Her head, beak and legs are very warm. Any advice? Any ideas what it is? Any. help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: Charlotte just passed away. Any ideas would still be appreciated. I'm worried about the rest of my flock.

Last edited:
Is there any blood in her poop?

I hope an expert can tell you. I know pictures can help if you can post a picture.

Different things can cause milky white poop. I had a hen that had white diarrhea and she had an infection of her reproductive organs. I had to give her antibiotics. I had Tylan on hand and gave that to her. She did recover.

I don’t have an option of a vet. Do you have a vet? This sounds serious enough I would get her to one if I could.

How does her belly feel? Squishy? Firm?

It can also be coccidiosis. I would separate her and make sure if she has something contagious you keep from the other birds.

Last edited:
Please help! My chicken fluttered to the ground and I ran to pick her up. She was on her side and barely breathing. I took her inside, gave her some colloidal silver and vitamins. She is doing better, but is raspy panting. She squeaky croaks and then poops. She has diarrhea, which is milky white with varying bits of food. No visible worms in her poop. Her head, beak and legs are very warm. Any advice? Any ideas what it is? Any. help would be greatly appreciated.
If you could tell us hold old she is? Has she been laying? If you could post a picture of the poop it helps.

Sorry this is happening and I can’t give you answers. Others here can though but I think they need more details.

I definitely would keep her separated from the other flock. Put her is a separate cage or something. Continue to offer food and water. Try to keep her stress as low as you can.

UPDATE: Charlotte just passed away. Any ideas would still be appreciated. I'm worried about the rest of my flock.
I’m so sorry she didn’t make. It’s hard to lose them.

Is there any blood in her poop?

I hope an expert can tell you. I know pictures can help if you can post a picture.

Different things can cause milky white poop. I had a hen that had white diarrhea and she had an infection of her reproductive organs. I had to give her antibiotics. I had Tylan on hand and gave that to her. She did recover.

I don’t have an option of a vet. Do you have a vet? This sounds serious enough I would get her to one if I could.

How does her belly feel? Squishy? Firm?

It can also be coccidiosis. I would separate her and make sure if she has something contagious you keep from the other birds.
Hi, Thank you for your reply. There was no blood in her poop and her stomach was not hard.

Back
Top Bottom