chicken loosing weight

Kmcschoolee

Chirping
Feb 9, 2021
I have a 3 year old sex link that is loosing weight. I have 14 chickens and work so I am not around to watch how much she is eating but if I put her in a crate and wer her food down and mix like soft cat food in it she eats. She will eat if I put out grubs or scratch etc. She does stand puffed up but if I walk around the corner she starts to act fine. She will scratch around with the other chickens when I throw out worms etc. Her crop does not feel impacted or sour. I do notice that I have some chicken poop that is runny but more like gritty chicken feed that has been mixed with water. I am not sure if it is her or not. Any thoughts? They were just wormed with goat fenbendazole a few weeks ago.

They need probiotics after antibiotics or deworming. That would also help her poop. I use either sugar-free Greek yogurt, fermented grains, or Hydro Hen which goes in their water. You can use raw apple cider vinegar w/mother 1 tablespoon/gallon, but every other day at most of that stuff.

I have a 3 year old sex link that is loosing weight. I have 14 chickens and work so I am not around to watch how much she is eating but if I put her in a crate and wer her food down and mix like soft cat food in it she eats. She will eat if I put out grubs or scratch etc. She does stand puffed up but if I walk around the corner she starts to act fine. She will scratch around with the other chickens when I throw out worms etc. Her crop does not feel impacted or sour. I do notice that I have some chicken poop that is runny but more like gritty chicken feed that has been mixed with water. I am not sure if it is her or not. Any thoughts? They were just wormed with goat fenbendazole a few weeks ago.
How much weight has she lost? Do you have the weight baselines and measures?

Is she molting?

What do you normally feed?

Is she being kept from feed?

Back
Top Bottom