chicken pecking

yoolie

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2021
I have 3 ladies, 2 of them black and the third one is white. Now the white get along with both black ones, but one of the black is always pecking, attacking (even following and than pecking) the other black one. They are free range, their sleeping place is big enough as well, they have enough food+treats, I don't know what can be the problem and how to stop this behavior. Do you have any idea?

paint the black one white! No but seriously I know it can be frustrating when they don't get on.
How old are they? How long has it been going on for? Are feathers getting plucked, any injuries?
There is always one simple solution to the problem and that's getting rid of the troublemaker but you can try to teach the chicken with a super soaker. Every time it thinks about it, you give it a squirt. Sometimes they learn, sometimes they are stubborn. Not all chickens automatically get along.

paint the black one white! No but seriously I know it can be frustrating when they don't get on.
How old are they? How long has it been going on for? Are feathers getting plucked, any injuries?
There is always one simple solution to the problem and that's getting rid of the troublemaker but you can try to teach the chicken with a super soaker. Every time it thinks about it, you give it a squirt. Sometimes they learn, sometimes they are stubborn. Not all chickens automatically get along.
Thanks, painting is a really good idea :D It's been a few months now, but before they get along really good, so I don't understand. They are around 1 and a half year old and yes, feathers getting plucked, but no injuries.

Back
Top Bottom