Chicken run roof slant versus flat roof.

My current run's roof is welded wire with a tarp over it (my run is 250sq ft). It's supported in the center by vertical 4x4s. It's held up fine for the past 4 years, and we get feet of snow every year. We sweep it off after heavier snows, though.
Most roofs that are only 6' wide don't have vertical 4x4 unless you get feet of snow. The OP is in Colorado and only gets inches of snow, and I'm betting it's a lightweight powered snow. Would it be overkill, yes, but I agree, that center support, while most likely never needed, is cheap insurance.

Most roofs that are only 6' wide don't have vertical 4x4 unless you get feet of snow. The OP is in Colorado and only gets inches of snow, and I'm betting it's a lightweight powered snow. Would it be overkill, yes, but I agree, that center support, while most likely never needed, is cheap insurance.
You are correct! :)

Mine is 20' wide, but it would be overkill for 6' wide. I didn't explain it well. I was trying to make OP feel a lil more at ease about using a tarp over wire. It holds up for even my size run (which needs that center support simply because it's pretty large). OP wouldn't need that center support, esp since they don't get feet of snow like I do here in the Northern California foothills.

Back
Top Bottom