Chicken seizures?

lorifitz76

In the Brooder
Oct 5, 2021
I caught my Turkey trying to mate my barred rock hen. He damaged her comb a bit. Sprayed it with Vetericyn. Now she keeps falling backwards and rolling her head around. She will drink from a syringe and gobbled up her scrambled eggs. Any thoughts?

The comb of a chicken helps keep it hydrated. Usually, when chicks and chickens show these things, they are dehydrated and need assisted hydration. I recommend keeping her indoors or in a shady spot outside until her comb heals. Continue assisted hydration.
Hope your chicken gets better!

The comb of a chicken helps keep it hydrated. Usually, when chicks and chickens show these things, they are dehydrated and need assisted hydration. I recommend keeping her indoors or in a shady spot outside until her comb heals. Continue assisted hydration.
Hope your chicken gets better!
No idea where you got this information from, but I can tell you it's false. Combs have no help in hydrating a chicken.

I learned it from my aunt who also owns chickens. She said that the comb act as a cooling system for chickens and helps to prevent dehydration. After I saw your post, I did some research and found evidence for my claim. Everybody has a say though. I'm sorry if this offended you in any way?

I learned it from my aunt who also owns chickens. She said that the comb act as a cooling system for chickens and helps to prevent dehydration. After I saw your post, I did some research and found evidence for my claim. Everybody has a say though. I'm sorry if this offended you in any way?
That is a theory that hasn't been proven. Cut the comb off(Dub) a chicken, & they are able to cool down the same without it.
Not offended, just trying to lessen the amount of disproven, theories, & misinformation that gets spread around.

The symptoms of the hen sounds more neurological, something going on with the brain.

Back
Top Bottom