Chicken Sitter Wanted in Brisbane 26 December - 7 January

Brever

Chirping
Aug 19, 2018
Hi Guys

I'll be out of town on holidays and I'm hoping to find somebody local with chickens who can look after my little girl while I'm away.

Yuki is a beautiful five year old blue leghorn who loves people and is always up for cuddles. I really just want her somewhere dogs/snakes will not be a problem and where she has water and somewhere cool in the heat. She is top of the pecking order around here, but it's hard to tell because she always lets the other chickens eat and never displays any mean behaviour.

I'm not really in a situation where I can offer any payment, but I can provide the remainder of a big sack of laying mash which will more than tide her over. Also will deliver and pick up.

She will be fine with the flock, nothing bad will happen to her lol. Located in Victoria so cant help sorry. You can ask a family member or friend, or even a neighbour to just top up food and water. They don’t need a lot of care when you’re away.

Cheers, yes I think she'd love a flock. We've had a snake around here, it's taken one and we had to beat it off another, so I've been locking her up every night since, but the cage is too small and has no shade, so I can't leave her there during the day :(

Cheers, yes I think she'd love a flock. We've had a snake around here, it's taken one and we had to beat it off another, so I've been locking her up every night since, but the cage is too small and has no shade, so I can't leave her there during the day :(
Is she by herself or do you have other chickens?

Is she by herself or do you have other chickens?
Technically there are two others, but they have essentially run away and free range across the neighbourhood. I was planning on building a hutch, but the only space here is in mostly sun, and it's just too hot. They do lay though, so the neighbours are happy.

Back
Top Bottom