Chicken stopped laying

Dian15

In the Brooder
Oct 30, 2021
I got 6 baby chicks the beginning of March 2023. They all started to lay at the normal time and 5 of them are still laying regularly. One chicken that was supposed to be an Americana had been laying a very light brown egg has not layed an egg in over a month. She does not seem to be molting and seems healthy. Any ideas? Is she done laying already?

We have a light on in the coop so they are getting 14 hours of light. They don't free range too often and we have never found her nesting anywhere when they are out.

Having the same issue. Got 4 new hens in April (one ended up being a roo) my Wyandotte started laying 18 weeks. Both Americana started at 21 weeks. I got a few blue eggs over the month of Sept/Oct (not many) I haven’t seen a blue egg in almost 4 weeks. Everyone else (1yr 7mos old hens) is laying (yes they have slowed down due to shorten days) but I’m getting nothing from the 6 mos old Americanas… I’m guessing they just didn’t get a good start at laying before fall set in? Hopefully they kick back in when spring arrives.

I got 6 baby chicks the beginning of March 2023. They all started to lay at the normal time and 5 of them are still laying regularly. One chicken that was supposed to be an Americana had been laying a very light brown egg has not layed an egg in over a month. She does not seem to be molting and seems healthy. Any ideas? Is she done laying already?
I have one Speckled Sussex who laid her last egg two weeks ago- the Eggers are still laying although not as many as they did in summer- I did notice in later summer the speckled laid a steady egg a day for 5 days on and one day off till we hit a cold spell, (below freezing in the foothills of the great Rocky Mountains) and now she isn't. She is still super rambunctious and happy and running around like an idiot, so I don't think I'm worried. They are not supposed to be prolific layers anyway.

Back
Top Bottom