Chicken Story

Duckbreeder2020

Crossing the Road
Sep 18, 2020
New Jersey
Ok, Hi guys! I’m here with a sad chicken story! One day after getting a brand new white, black, tan, and dark brown colored roo with my 7 hens I woke up to water and feed them.
As I walk out side I see a hole under the fence, I take a peek and see about a million feathers scattered everywhere! I walked into the coop and saw only 4 hens left.
2 of them were shaking to death huddling close. 1 was laying there... dead. The last one was in the corner with a egg that had broken inside her. I opened the door to the run and looked around for some clues. I turned to the hole.
Orange fox hair... a fox had gotten in and had taken my new rooster and my hens! I looked over towards the bamboo forest and saw a fox darting towards me! As soon as it saw me notice it, he ran off. He had my rooster in his mouth! That day we bought some electric fencing and set out a camera after removing the dead hen. A fox had tried getting in that night and got zapped!
Luckily he never came back to this day.

Ok, Hi guys! I’m here with a sad chicken story! One day after getting a brand new white, black, tan, and dark brown colored roo with my 7 hens I woke up to water and feed them.
As I walk out side I see a hole under the fence, I take a peek and see about a million feathers scattered everywhere! I walked into the coop and saw only 4 hens left.
2 of them were shaking to death huddling close. 1 was laying there... dead. The last one was in the corner with a egg that had broken inside her. I opened the door to the run and looked around for some clues. I turned to the hole.
Orange fox hair... a fox had gotten in and had taken my new rooster and my hens! I looked over towards the bamboo forest and saw a fox darting towards me! As soon as it saw me notice it, he ran off. He had my rooster in his mouth! That day we bought some electric fencing and set out a camera after removing the dead hen. A fox had tried getting in that night and got zapped!
I hate predators! 😡

So sorry! give those hens some extra cuddles for me! they are probably really scared

Back
Top Bottom