Chicken won't go into coop at night

I know from my experience some chickens prefer to sleep out of the coop on a roost in the hot and humid months depending on where you are located I have 8 hens and a rooster that prefer to do this instead of go into the coop at night

I have 2 long legs and they don't like to go into the coop at night , all the rest of my chickens do I have 8 hens and 1 rooster
What's a "long leg"?

What ages(in months) are these birds?
Have they always lived together?

How big is coop, in feet by feet?
Dimensions and pics would help immensely here.

Oh, and.......Welcome to BYC! @Kim8erly
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1687725668611.png

I know from my experience some chickens prefer to sleep out of the coop on a roost in the hot and humid months depending on where you are located I have 8 hens and a rooster that prefer to do this instead of go into the coop at night
I'm in Louisiana and it's very hot here , our coop is pretty big has 2 huge hatchets on each end . We also have a fan blowing into the coop. Do you just leave yours out of the coop ? Ours is very secure so nothing can get in other then snakes ,rats very small things .

What's a "long leg"?

What ages(in months) are these birds?
Have they always lived together?

How big is coop, in feet by feet?
Dimensions and pics would help immensely here.

Oh, and.......Welcome to BYC! @Kim8erly
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
View attachment 3555525
I'm in Louisiana it's hot here . My coop is big they are completely penned . Long legs are the same chickens that chicken house use .

Attachments

• IMG_20230608_173135485.jpg
    IMG_20230608_173135485.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
The first chicken on this video is a long leg they all are the same age 4 months old . Our coop is really big with 3 doors and 6 vents and 2 haching boxes. They have food and water inside coop . We also have a fan blowing into the coop . It's very hot here in Louisiana around 100 degrees They just started not going into coop at night .

Back
Top Bottom