Chicken won't lay but i need her to be broody

Sorry had to laugh at your comment. Every chicken is a individual, so to force her to do something is like making a wish. Your better off just being patient or buying one that's brooding.
sorry thought there was a way to get her to be broody maybe by giving her something

i got her from an auction site but we didnt know its was not on the day we came it was the day before we came so the auction site owner greeted us and sold her to me there was 3 other hens like her the the owner said there was an egg yesterday so my chances were 1 out of 4 of getting that egg hen shes a bit sluggish and doesnt stay near the flock a lot yes i thought of age maybe she will lay in summer but its taking her too long no she was sold to me as vaccinated and dewormed ive checked on her vent theres no sign of maggots she has a bit of a heavy breathing if she gets chased around she just breathes so much with her mouth it looks like she might have trouble breathing she has terrible cracky dried feet and her nails were REALLY bad growing to the side it almost touched her feet thats how messed up her nails were
Poor thing.

They do often moult at around 18 months old, sometimes earlier depending on when they hatched. She may do that before settling into laying once more.

Is she confined to a run? If she's free ranging she may be laying somewhere outside of the coop. I have bantam pullets laying in big old native trees (far too high up for me to get to them).
we dont live on a farm they are just backyard chickens we have and every day we open them up our backyard is quite big though and we do keep a close eye on them also check for eggs theres nothing

She is probably stressed from the move as indicated by her skittishness and not taking to the other chickens yet. She won't ovulate till the stress subsides.

but its been months i got her at the start of july was the stress that bad?
It can be. That is only two months and she is now in an entirely new environment and expected to make friends with chickens she has never known.
I once had a flock of 12 hens and a rooster that had a beagle get into the pen and caused havoc. It didn't kill or bite anything but barked a lot and pulled out some feathers. I got one good and 2 shell less eggs that day. The chickens wouldn't come out of the building for 5 days and I didn't get an egg from that flock for 2 months.

i know its very late but here

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-10 1.16.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-10 1.16.49 PM.png
    350.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2021-09-10 1.16.37 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-10 1.16.37 PM.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2021-09-10 1.16.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-10 1.16.30 PM.png
    367.9 KB · Views: 2

Back