Chicks huddling together

To automate, just give them a large enough area so they can move away if they get too warm. I never use a thermometer, I just watch the chicks and let them tell me if they are comfortable. They should be spread out nicely and chirping quietlt, sounding contented. The other problem if they pile up like they were before is they suffocate chicks on the bottom. Sounds like they are happy now, good job!

Quote:
lol .... well there you have it .....

I want breakfast at Miss P's ... coz when I have had enough, she will feed me pancakes
lau.gif

Come on over! My pancake recipe is garnering compliments from all over the world of BYC and the recipe forum. You want them with butter and syrup or strawberries and whipped cream?

wink.png

Angie

Quote:
lol .... well there you have it .....

I want breakfast at Miss P's ... coz when I have had enough, she will feed me pancakes
lau.gif

Come on over! My pancake recipe is garnering compliments from all over the world of BYC and the recipe forum. You want them with butter and syrup or strawberries and whipped cream?

wink.png

Angie

Hey .... and from what I have read, your advice is every bit as good as your pancake
smile.png

Steve

Hello....my chicks are huddled outside of where the heating plate is... we gave them a larger area yesterday, they slept the night inside the box.... can it be they no longer like the sleeping area? Also, is a dust bath ok for 2 week old chicks? They were "dust bathing" in the wood chips..lol

Help please And ty in advance for it! 🤔🙂

Attachments

• 16817466583257297472282412899241.jpg
    16817466583257297472282412899241.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom