Chicks sleeping quite a bit ever since I introduced new ones.

Harun

Songster
Apr 10, 2021
I've had 4 chicks for about a week now(don't know the species.) They're very active and pretty healthy, only 2 have minore pasty butt problems but I've kept it under control. Today visited Rural King with my dad and picked up 4 barred rock chicks, and introduced them to my already 4 chicks. They get along pretty well but as I monitor them I realize they all seem more sleepy and slightly lethargic when usually they're very energetic, even the 4 I already have are acting pretty weird. The barred rocks themselves have been acting sleepy since they got here, so maybe they're just exhausted from being in the store. They still get up and eat every once in a while, but my first 4 don't sleep this regularly. Were the barred rocks sick and contaminated the others? Is it normal? Or is it just something else entirely? I'm very worried, as they are all asleep right now.

As long as they are eating, drinking, and defecating normally I would not be concerned.
Alright. I'll update you on whatever happens. 1 of the Barred Rocks in general has a hard time walking and sleeps most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom