Chicky Whicky's 2024 Adventures

20240319_154432.jpg
20240319_153249.jpg
20240319_153110.jpg
20240319_153137.jpg
20240319_153124.jpg

We set up a temporary brooder underneath the coop. We have never had 2 batches of babies at the same time so had to improvise a second area for brooder. Mama is in the coop brooder with her meat babies & the silkies, turkeys, guineas are underneath in temporary brooder. Works out pretty well! Thank you to my hubby, otherwise I would still have babies in my garage with not enough space. 🙏
20240323_080035.jpg

Congrats on finding a solution!

BTW, I'm admiring your round stepping stones. Looks like the good old-fashioned ones with embedded round stones. I once found someone giving away 70 of them on Craigslist. It was a great deal -- except that they are much heavier than I expected, and my little car rode much lower on the drive back from Des Moines.

Congrats on finding a solution!

BTW, I'm admiring your round stepping stones. Looks like the good old-fashioned ones with embedded round stones. I once found someone giving away 70 of them on Craigslist. It was a great deal -- except that they are much heavier than I expected, and my little car rode much lower on the drive back from Des Moines.

Yes they are exactly that and I adore them! Plus they come in handy more than I thought. I find myself using them for all kinds of applications. 🤭 When we bought our property, we found about 20 of them in the barn so that was a score! I had them set up under the coop door so when it gets muddy, I have a solid spot to stand while feeding, watering, ect. Now they are being used to keep the makeshift fence in place but whatever works! I am all about innovation... 🤣

And wow I can only imagine a little car full of those. They are HEAVY! 😳

Back
Top Bottom