christmas tree obsessed cat

kelzey

Songster
Aug 14, 2020
newfoundland and labrador, canada
anyone else’s cat completely obsessed with the christmas tree? this is my cats second christmas- last year she was tiny and still a kitten. but this year she almost knocks the tree over! can’t keep it fluffed up all nice or anything because she climbs all over it and uses it as her own personal play toy, we were late putting it up for this very reason. there’s nothing like being in bed and hearing multiple christmas ornaments falling off the tree! i’ve given up removing her out of the tree, it belongs to her now.
D3577F79-F49A-4DEC-95FA-568017717FF3.png
A14EE027-C9B3-4D8B-BCA2-4959E783DDE3.jpeg
A9C662E5-829A-4FDA-B5F9-F4DE008CEECA.jpeg

Awe, what a cute, but mischievous, kitty!

The only thing I can think of is to put up a playpen gate around it. It'll be ugly though.. 🤣

Or, you could spray a mix of water and lemon grass or citronella oil. It sometimes works to keep cats away because they hate the smell.

awe that kitty is sooo CUTE!!! I don't have any advise for u.
haha thank you! don’t let her cuteness fool you though, she’s a little monster. she gets into absolutely everything plus more. we had to stop putting things on this certain shelf because she just kept knocking everything off- she claimed it the moment she got here

Awe, what a cute, but mischievous, kitty!

The only thing I can think of is to put up a playpen gate around it. It'll be ugly though.. 🤣

Or, you could spray a mix of water and lemon grass or citronella oil. It sometimes works to keep cats away because they hate the smell.
i don’t even think a gate would stop her! she’s impossible. and that sounds like a good idea.. although we’ve tried stuff like that before- last year we tried using orange peel because apparently cats hate the smell, but rosie couldn’t care less about it. she has also learnt how to open cupboard doors and turn on the sink in the bathroom. the older she’s getting, the more mischievous she is :rolleyes: she’s still my pretty lil baby though.
47FE9ED5-4767-4CC5-ACD7-14482EEF43F4.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom