City of Seymour, WI

jmtreml

Hatching
May 5, 2020
Seymour WI
I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I read my city ordinances and all they say is "dogs, cats, and fowl may not run at large". I got 4 chickens and decided to go to the city clerks office to see if I needed a permit. The clerk told me that I am not allowed chickens because my zoning doesn't say that I can have them. I.E. agricultural. I informed her that I didn't want free range chickens, but would have them in a chicken coop behind my garage. I told them to please show me where it says that I can't have them, and all they keep telling me is that I can't have them because it doesn't say I can have them. I started doing some research and found that I am zoned commercial. I have talked to my neighbors and they are all ok with me having the chickens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also live across the street from a tractor business, and I have a feed store down the street. Should I just try and get a small business license so I can keep them?

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I read my city ordinances and all they say is "dogs, cats, and fowl may not run at large". I got 4 chickens and decided to go to the city clerks office to see if I needed a permit. The clerk told me that I am not allowed chickens because my zoning doesn't say that I can have them. I.E. agricultural. I informed her that I didn't want free range chickens, but would have them in a chicken coop behind my garage. I told them to please show me where it says that I can't have them, and all they keep telling me is that I can't have them because it doesn't say I can have them. I started doing some research and found that I am zoned commercial. I have talked to my neighbors and they are all ok with me having the chickens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also live across the street from a tractor business, and I have a feed store down the street. Should I just try and get a small business license so I can keep them?
Did you ever hear back from anyone? I see this is from 2020, but I am wondering how this turned out.
It looks like Fond du lac is allowing 4 in the city, all female and caged, and health inspected.

Back
Top Bottom