Climate/ ducks

Justhatched

Songster
8 Years
May 24, 2011
I'm interested in getting some ducks. I was wondering if some ducks do better in certain climates than others or are they pretty much the same. Our summers get to 100-115 and our winters get somewhere around 20's-30's sometimes even lower. I'm in the High Desert Ca.

I live in the Pacific Northwest....my ducks are happy as clams. Cold, wet, rainy and they are ecstatic. They all made a made dash for the pond this morning to go for a swim when their human just wanted to put then in the outdoor pen and go back inside out of the rain, wind, cold!

Our ducks weren't too happy the days we go warm this summer, but imagine people in warmer climates can tell you how to deal with that.

hi, I live in Alb, nm and the weather temps seem much alike maybe yours has more humity. I have one pekin and an easter chicken, about eight and 7months, It was preety hot this summer and the duck and chick pantted alot . They have good shade and digg in the dirt to make alittle bed,of course the duck has a pond to play in. If its gets down in the twentys, I'll put then in there baby box and put a towell over the ducks box. it works real well, Do hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom