Cliping feathers

Sasaran mihai

Chirping
Jun 8, 2023
Tommorow im planing to clip my bigger pekin ducks feathers i already watch some tutorial they are 14 weeks old and they wanna fly im scared for them to not fly Away So.. Any advice?

Can you post a picture of the wing stretched out like this?
DSCN6261.JPG

Clipping
DSCN6259.JPG
DSCN6260.JPG
DSCN6263.JPG
DSCN6264.JPG
DSCN6265.JPG
DSCN6266.JPG
DSCN6267.JPG
DSCN6268.JPG

Tommorow im planing to clip my bigger pekin ducks feathers i already watch some tutorial they are 14 weeks old and they wanna fly im scared for them to not fly Away So.. Any advice?
Pekin ducks have no useful flight and do not need their wings clipped. Sure, they try to fly when they are juveniles, but they cannot gain height. Ours used to fly down our back steps to the patio but had to walk up and they didnt try and fly by their second year. We have one small female who could fly about 25 feet across the back yard, at less than 3ft elevation. She soon took to running like the rest of the ducks.

Please don't clip your Pekins' wings!

Can your Pekin fly? I have smaller ducks but I thought Pekin were way to heavy to get more than a few inches off the ground. If so, there is no need to clip their wings. I once had to clip a young Khaki Campbell’s wing after she got over our six foot privacy fence and into the neighbors yard.. But, even then, there was no danger of her flying south for the winter.

Can your Pekin fly? I have smaller ducks but I thought Pekin were way to heavy to get more than a few inches off the ground. If so, there is no need to clip their wings. I once had to clip a young Khaki Campbell’s wing after she got over our six foot privacy fence and into the neighbors yard.. But, even then, there was no danger of her flying south for the winter.
My peekin ducks are not the american (i did some research) and they can fly very well as their not that heavy

Pekin ducks have no useful flight and do not need their wings clipped. Sure, they try to fly when they are juveniles, but they cannot gain height. Ours used to fly down our back steps to the patio but had to walk up and they didnt try and fly by their second year. We have one small female who could fly about 25 feet across the back yard, at less than 3ft elevation. She soon took to running like the rest of the ducks.

Please don't clip your Pekins' wings!
My peekin ducks are not the american (i did some research) and they can fly very well as their not that heavy

Back
Top Bottom