Cocciodosis poop?

Kedwar72

In the Brooder
Oct 17, 2023
Hi everyone! I have 5 month old pullets who are still on medicated starter feed. I found this in their run this morning. They are all eating and acting normal. Does this look like cocciodosis or is this normal?

Thank you sooo much!

Attachments

• IMG_4582.jpeg
    IMG_4582.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
You cannot know if that is just intestinal shedding, coccidiosis, or worms without a fecal float. How are the chickens acting? Are any not eating, lethargic or puffed up? Are they inside a coop and run, or getting outside to roam around every day?

You cannot know if that is just intestinal shedding, coccidiosis, or worms without a fecal float. How are the chickens acting? Are any not eating, lethargic or puffed up? Are they inside a coop and run, or getting outside to roam around every day?
No one is puffed up or lethargic. They were all happy and active this morning, happy to eat breakfast. I only let them out of their run if I’m in the yard because I’m afraid of hawks. They are mostly in their coop and run. Thank you!

The poop that I found last spring that signaled coccidiosis was in the bedding, and it was definitely blood. It looked like red food coloring dripped onto the pine shavings. That chick became very lethargic, hunkering down under the ramp to the coop. A treatment with Corid, and she recovered very well.

No one is puffed up or lethargic. They were all happy and active this morning, happy to eat breakfast. I only let them out of their run if I’m in the yard because I’m afraid of hawks. They are mostly in their coop and run. Thank you!
If you see it again, or anyone changes, I would consider treating for worms and coccidiosis.

The poop that I found last spring that signaled coccidiosis was in the bedding, and it was definitely blood. It looked like red food coloring dripped onto the pine shavings. That chick became very lethargic, hunkering down under the ramp to the coop. A treatment with Corid, and she recovered very well.
That’s good to know, I will look for that. Thank you!

Safeguard Liquid Goat wormer is usually available at TSC, or the Safeguard Horse Paste. Also Panacur horse wormer. You can also order Valbazen (labeled for cattle) on line. Those are all commonly used, no prescription required.

Back
Top Bottom