Cochin Bantam - What should improve here?

Got it!
I have the 2 options so.

In case I really want a female like the one of the previous photo should I:

1 - Continue to breed gold partridge and try to find better pattern in the children’s?
Or
2 - Cross my Gold partridge male with silver partridge female to improve the pattern and definition? (As my silver females are really better in that topic)

Apologies if you answered this before but wasn’t clear to me 😊

Hello everyone! 😊
I have currently these colours of Cochin bantam:

- Black (2 males and 3 females)
- Black Mottled (2 males and 3 females)
- Blue Mottled (1 female)
- Gold Partridge (2 males and 2 females)
- Silver Partridge (2 males and 3 females)

Will put here some photos 😊

What kind of good combinations to improve can I do? And what colours will I have from that crossing? 😊

(Today I’ve put 1 black male with one black mottled and one blue mottled females, so I can take more blacks and blue also as blue is a colour I don’t have yet)

Thanks!!
Do you plan to ship hatching eggs at any point? I'm looking for blue mottled bantams. I prefer to place under a broody so my guess is it'll be some time this summer as my girls tend to go broody in July and after. Especially if you get a blue roo as I'm hoping for at least 50% blues in a hatch.

Do you plan to ship hatching eggs at any point? I'm looking for blue mottled bantams. I prefer to place under a broody so my guess is it'll be some time this summer as my girls tend to go broody in July and after. Especially if you get a blue roo as I'm hoping for at least 50% blues in a hatch.
I don't think they're in the US

Back
Top Bottom