Cockerel making knocking sound??

Chick-n-lily

Songster
Sep 29, 2022
Wasn’t sure where to post this question but recently my little 8 wk or so old cockerel has been wanting me to pet him more and more he even gets on my lap and lays and closes his eyes. But Other than his little happy purr he makes when I pet down his back, I swear I hear a little knocking sound coming from him?? Has anyone else heard that ? Im assuming he’s roughly 7-8 weeks only because of when we got him and the age they said he was approx 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• 88FD4BC9-9E57-497A-9DE6-9E0112029E13.jpeg
    88FD4BC9-9E57-497A-9DE6-9E0112029E13.jpeg
    473.8 KB · Views: 8
He's probably just making happy noises. When they do the purring sound, it's usually because they're happy and comfortable. I haven't heard it from my girl, but I don't have a cockerel or rooster to see, I've only raised them till 6-8 weeks. He's very handsome, though! :love

He's probably just making happy noises. When they do the purring sound, it's usually because they're happy and comfortable. I haven't heard it from my girl, but I don't have a cockerel or rooster to see, I've only raised them till 6-8 weeks. He's very handsome, though! :love
Yes, this is a recent development, him wanting to be pet and making purring noises. I love him! I definitely hope he stays sweet so he won’t end up in my soup haha! He’s still young so we will see!! I have one white Brahma pullet same age that actually seems to be top of the pecking order even to him so far but he tries his damndest to get his head higher than hers haha! He will give up after a few minutes.

Back
Top Bottom