Cod Liver Oil Supplement Amount

The Welch Chickens

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Mar 18, 2023
Rhode Island
I have been reading about cod liver oil for chickens; but I haven't found what information I am really looking for: How much should you give your flock? Should I mix it in with a mash?

Thank you in advance for your help!

I'm not fully sure on Cod Liver Oil but I've administered Black Seed Oil in their water once when one of my 8 week old chicks seemed to have the tremors. Added maybe 5 drops to 1 gallon of water which wasn't a lot but I knew some was better than none. So for your Cod Liver Oil maybe instead of making it a permanent thing in their water/food just add a few drops once per week into stuff you already bring out to them (leftovers). I add Kelp to my chickens food but I just do a few pinches every few days. No need to stress over supplements they're pretty hardy and can live on less than you think, everytime u remember add a few drops per bird and you'll be good.

I'm not fully sure on Cod Liver Oil but I've administered Black Seed Oil in their water once when one of my 8 week old chicks seemed to have the tremors. Added maybe 5 drops to 1 gallon of water which wasn't a lot but I knew some was better than none. So for your Cod Liver Oil maybe instead of making it a permanent thing in their water/food just add a few drops once per week into stuff you already bring out to them (leftovers). I add Kelp to my chickens food but I just do a few pinches every few days. No need to stress over supplements they're pretty hardy and can live on less than you think, everytime u remember add a few drops per bird and you'll be good.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom