Coincidence??

Lollychicken

Songster
Feb 13, 2021
Can someone please tell me if this is a coincidence or what??
So a few months ago (early February) the whole lot of my Sussex that I had bred the previous year were attacked, one surviving light Sussex cockerel (had been attacked but not dead) and one surviving corrination Sussex (untouched). Then just this afternoon a similar thing happened. All the brown leghorn and Minorca pullets I had bred were attacked. And again one Minorca attacked but still alive and a brown leghorn untouched.
The coronation Sussex had somehow shut himself into a different pen, and the brown hen somehow was in with my full grown sussex hens (used to breed last year's chicks)
Please explain this...

No, sorry. The way I wrote that made it confusing...
Two separate pens, at different times. The Sussex pen was attacked first, towards the start of the year, the corrination and the light Sussex were the two survivors. Then this afternoon (last night when it happened) a brown hen and a Minorca survived. The corrination and the brown were the untouched ones (at separate times) the brown wasn't touched the first time, and corrination wasn't the second time.
(Hope that made sense)

We did see some prints and a little hole was dug, we are almost certain it was a fox, but will definitely take that into consideration

My first guess would be a fox. I have been seeing some on multiple cameras lately. One looks like an alien. It looks to be in a bad way. Serious mange issue I think. Also a bobcat now and then.
IMAG0001 (16) 05.jpg
IMAG0001 (13) 08.jpg
IMAG0001 (15) 02.jpg
IMAG0001 (15) 03.jpg
DSCF0002112 09Rev.jpg

Back
Top Bottom