Colors

Chicken nuggie

Chirping
Jan 19, 2024
What colors will I get when I breed lemon blue splash rooster with my silver duck wing hen and what colors would I get if I breed my SDW rooster to my lemon blue hen?

Lemon blue cock and silver duckwing hen: golden birchen and blue golden birchen cockerels and gold birchen and blue gold birchen* pullets.
Silver Duckwing cock over lemon blue hen: golden birchen and blue golden birchen cockerels and **silver birchen and blue silver birchen pullets.

*Blue gold birchen is the “official genetic term” for lemon blue.
**Silver birchen is the “official genetic term” for birchen.

Lemon blue cock and silver duckwing hen: golden birchen and blue golden birchen cockerels and gold birchen and blue gold birchen* pullets.
Silver Duckwing cock over lemon blue hen: golden birchen and blue golden birchen cockerels and **silver birchen and blue silver birchen pullets.

*Blue gold birchen is the “official genetic term” for lemon blue.
**Silver birchen is the “official genetic term” for birchen.
Additional note:

"Gold" and "Golden" in this case are NOT the same.

"Silver Birchen" and "Gold Birchen" for the females means they have the silver or the gold gene.

"Golden Birchen" for the males means they carry the gold gene (recessive) and show the silver gene (dominant), but do not have a nice clean silver. The silver color is probably a bit yellowish, because of them carrying gold, which is why they get called "golden." When they are young, it will just look like they have silver. The yellower tones appear as they grow older.

Back
Top Bottom