Concerning Poop

Kasiana89

Hatching
Sep 4, 2023
Good morning everyone!

I look forward to introducing myself and my flock more properly, but right now I am here with a question.

We brought some chicks home from a store on Sept 1, and this morning I noticed this concerning looking poop:

20230904_074602.jpg

This is the only poop I've seen like this so far. They are all between 12 and 20 days old. They eat medicated chick crumble, and I had them on Flockleader 911 electrolytes for the first few days after they came home. Switched them to normal water today.

Everyone seems to be eating and moving normally. Not sure which chick made this poop.

Advice appreciated! We recently lost three chicks earlier this summer and I really want to do my best by this group and see everyone into maturity.

That actually looks a bit like intestinal shedding type of poop. I'd keep an eye out for any doing any more of that. Being on medicated chances are it's not cocci but that's not a guarantee either so I'd watch their poops and maybe that's just the only one like that.

Here's a link to different poop: https://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=17568.0

Back
Top Bottom